Our team has many years of experience gained in the aerospace industry in the following sectors
- Design, development and qualification of Head Up and Head mounted Displays for;
- Fast Jet,
- Transport Category
- Rotary Wing Applications.
- Installation of display systems in fast jet cockpits including advanced 3D imaging capabilities that interface with commercial CAD modelling systems
- Airframe stress analysis expertise
- Integration and support for head up and head mounted displays for flight test, both in symbolic only and raster graphic / video modes.
- System integration and flight test of imaging sensor systems, both Millimetre Wave Radar and Infrared, for EVS, SVS and EFVS applications.
- Transitioning new designs into the production environment.
- Product qualification and safety of flight testing.
- Installation of display systems in commercial and business jet cockpits including advanced 3D imaging capabilities that interface with commercial CAD modelling systems
- Airframe stress analysis expertise
- Design, development and certification for imaging head up displays for enhanced, synthetic vision and enhanced flight vision system applications.
- Design, development and certification for symbology based guidance systems based on independent guidance algorithms up to and including high integrity Cat IIIa systems
- Transitioning new designs into the production environment
- Product certification planning and testing to Cat IIIa including
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the FAA part 14 CFRs which have become the de facto standard in most of the world outside the European Union including South America and China.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the EASA regulations which are the standard within the European Union
- Production of certification plans and liaison with the airworthiness authorities to ensure their acceptance
- Interface and liaison with civil certification authorities in the UK and Europe, and with the FAA in the United States and the Americas to achieve certification to Cat II and Cat III of head up guidance systems
Technology Capability; Design
- Guidance Algorithm applications and harmonisation to specific airframes
- Model Based Software Development to DO 178C
- Novel and high integrity digital image generation techniques including,
- High resolution phase only holographic image generation
- Low latency digital image display systems
- Novel high speed and low cost non-invasive optical head tracking techniques based on real time correlation
- Next generation HUD and head worn products including,
- Non planar waveguide based optical designs
- Very efficient binocular display technologies.
- Transitioning new technologies into the production environment
Systems and Systems Analysis Capability
- Failure modes and criticality analysis
- Fault tree analysis
- Functional hazard assessment
- 1553B, Arinc 429, Arinc 818 and Ethernet data bus operations
- Software planning
- Software documentation
- Model Based Software development to DO 178C
- Software testing and certification
- Creation and provision of PC based simulation environments to
- Exercise and test of software symbology display, logic control and guidance algorithm operation including Monte Carlo Analysis
- Provide realistic integrated visual background scenes covering all modes of flight and ground manoeuvres at realistically accurately depicted airports.
- Facilitate ab-initio pilot HUD training
- Installation, harmonisation and integration of head up displays in class D simulators.
- Testing and verification of HUD operation and guidance functions in Class D simulator environments including Monte Carlo Analysis of guidance algorithms.
- Simulation of interfaces and systems for integration, testing and diagnostics